Part 3 of NextRadio’s “Loving Radio” Insights Series
Radio is music, and music is radio. So, it’s fitting for us to highlight music in this edition of our Loving Radio series. Our survey with Edison Research found that more than half of FM listener respondents say they listen to hear their favorite songs. Consider these other FM radio musical connections:
FM radio apps provide more ways to access music, buy it, and interact with it on a smartphone, enriching radio’s long musical relationship with consumers. Our respondents detailed how they interact with music and artists:
- 68% seek info on a musical artist frequently or sometimes
- 51% buy digital music frequently or sometimes
- 50% frequently or sometimes attend concerts
- 43% share music on social media sites
- 22% spend 12 hours + listening to music/audio on apps weekly
- 17% share music on social media at least once a day
Be sure to read our other posts on Radio Love, including the background of our survey with Edison Research, information on the significance of radio portability, and how radio remains the heart of the community.
SOURCE: NextRadio 2016. The data is derived from a NextRadio-Edison online survey of 2,094 adult smartphone users recruited through NextRadio’s database. Survey dates: 4/22/16-5/2/16. Sample base is made up of people who opted into receiving updates on NextRadio phone compatibility, contests, or blogs.